Prologue
Although I'd heard the word "blog" bandied about a lot, I only ever worked out what it was after seeing that guy, Salam Pax, on Enough Rope a couple of years ago. So of course, I figured that setting up a blog would be rather self-indulgent unless you had some sort of profound message to deliver to other people. Furthermore, expressing myself through writing (whether it be academic or fictitious) has never come naturally to me, and is therefore often a long and torturous process. But I figure I've got some reasonably interesting, albeit amateurish, gig and album reviews (amongst other things) that I've scribbled down on the odd occasion, so I figured that turning them loose via this medium might be a nice way to expend some excess literary energy or procrastinate from the writing of other bulky documents for a little while longer. And I should warn those blog-surfers out there who are hoping to see cool pics, you won't find any here unless they're pilfered off some website. Unfortunately, although I do have a beautiful SLR camera, it ain't digital and I don't have a scanner, so sadly you'll just have to rely on my attempts at creating "vivid imagery" to get my point across. Then again, if photos do become a sudden inclusion on this blog, you'll quickly surmise that I've procured one of those nice digital SLRs that you could take out a mortgage for.
2 Comments:
welcome to blogistan, yossarian! long have we awaited thy web log, long fortold as of old. looking forward to all your great reviews and thoughts...
hmmm... Words don't come easily and we will have to rely on poorly constructed imagery?
Somehow methinks not.
Suffering Richards' self criticism perhaps, although unwarranted!
*Jubilant cry*
Can't wait for more contributions! That review of Martha's gig was brilliant!
...hehe, welcome to the dark side!
Post a Comment
<< Home