Vernoona

Blowing the normality gasket.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Foggy Friday

Usually, rather than waiting for the tram at the stop, I tend to walk between stops to kill time. The other night, on the way home, I got a bit distracted because of the spectacular fog blanketing the city. Many thanks to the guy on our Vietnam tour who recommended turning the flash off when you're out in the fog, but there are plenty of lights on around you. It does indeed help minimise some of the annoying reflections, and actually gives you a photo that looks like what you see in real life.

Looking down Little Bourke St ... I think the blotches are condensation on the camera lens ... bit chilly it was!



At the corner of Elizabeth and La Trobe ...



Foggy Swanston, not far from Melbourne Uni ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Applecross WC said...

That fog was insane! I drove right across the city in it and in some areas you had to slow right down because it got extremely thick. Was really quite eerie.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jonno said...

I was driving through it on Friday too. It felt like a b-grade horror film where I was sure a zombie was going to pop out of the blue.

7:17 PM  
Blogger popcorn cynic said...

Fabulous fog photos. :)
I love it, such spooky weather.

10:25 PM  
Blogger bek said...

fantastic photos! i cant believe thats the constantly moving swanston st! and little burke st looks like the scene of a movie!

great snapping! i knew a digital camera was just the thing for yoU!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home