Gone Fishing
Whoever said that looking for work is a full-time job wasn't lying. Not to mention, really boring - and soul destroying too, when you start tallying up how many rejections you've received. Trouble is that you don't feel as though you're being particularly productive given that the most crucial measure of productivity is at worst scoring an interview, or more ideally, landing the actual position (which also entails not bombing in said interview). Despite a lot of work going into every single sentence about how magnificent your communication, management and interpersonal skills are (I often have to pretend I'm talking about someone else), not to mention your sheer oozing of astounding and novel approaches of problem solving, you tend to feel like you're getting nowhere fast. So this week I took some good advice and took off up the coast to Queenscliff for a couple of days in the sun, away from the desk and just about everything else. I deliberately picked a spot to stay that had no internet, phone or TV. In retrospect, I should have even left my mobile at home.


Nevertheless, it was good to come back to my room at the end of each day feeling the best kind of tired. Not mentally drained and numbed, but just physically tired. To have two nights in a row sitting on the beach and watching the sky change colour with the sunset was pretty neat. Looking skyward can make one feel a good kind of small, especially when it looks something like this.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home