Go Vegan
I've been basking in the warm glow of a particular high haired, skinny jeaned crooner's emails for the last couple of weeks, so it gave me great pleasure yesterday to see that one Dan Kelly has resumed blogging while on tour with his uncle in the U.S. They might drive on the wrong side of the road, and have taken some unforgivable liberties with the English language, but I still get occasional pangs of longing for the U.S. of A. and still valiantly insist that one day I will get back there and visit.
Apart from being a scream in his own right, Dan K also included in his blog a link to this hilarious clip, Bicycle Rights, taken from a U.S. sketch show, Portlandia. I don't cycle, but I have seen people like this on the roads, like the girl that heckled my mum yesterday for having the front wheels of her car over the line while stopped at a red light. Seriously? If I critiqued a cyclist for doing something like that, I'd probably get the s*** kicked out of me. There are those who do their best to share the road and don't assume that everyone else around them will always do the right thing - both two- and four-wheeled. Just like with so many other situations out there, it's a shame that the nastier, but oh so much more vocal minority leave the longer lasting impression.
Apart from being a scream in his own right, Dan K also included in his blog a link to this hilarious clip, Bicycle Rights, taken from a U.S. sketch show, Portlandia. I don't cycle, but I have seen people like this on the roads, like the girl that heckled my mum yesterday for having the front wheels of her car over the line while stopped at a red light. Seriously? If I critiqued a cyclist for doing something like that, I'd probably get the s*** kicked out of me. There are those who do their best to share the road and don't assume that everyone else around them will always do the right thing - both two- and four-wheeled. Just like with so many other situations out there, it's a shame that the nastier, but oh so much more vocal minority leave the longer lasting impression.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home